Due to the high seasonal demand and limited capacity of our summer programs, the following refund policies apply for 2024 BeachSports programs in Manhattan and Redondo Beach. For Hermosa Beach refund policies, Click Here.
- Cancellation Windows & Fees
- Cancellation Processing Fee
- Active Registration Fee
- Changing Your Camp Schedule
- Make-Up Days & Absences
- COVID Specific Cancellations
- Camper Code of Conduct Violations
Cancellation Windows & Fees
Prior to May 1st, 2024
Full refund less a 5% processing fee (to cover non-refundable fees charged by our credit card processor).
In lieu of the processing fee, you may request a credit to your BeachSports account for use toward future BeachSports programs.
For example: If you purchase a $100 BeachSports camp, your refund amount will be $95 back to your credit card. Or, you may request that the full $100 remain on your account to apply to any future BeachSports program.
Up to 14-days prior to your camp start date
Full refund less a 25% cancellation fee.
In lieu of a cancellation fee, you may request a credit to your BeachSports account for use toward future BeachSports programs.
For example: If you purchase a $100 BeachSports camp, your refund amount will be $75 back to your credit card. Or, you may request that the full $100 remain on your account to apply to a future BeachSports camp.
Within 14-Days of your camp start date
Full refund less a 50% cancellation fee.
In lieu of a cancellation fee, you may request a credit to your BeachSports account for use toward future BeachSports camps.
For example: If you purchase a $100 BeachSports camp, your refund amount will be $50 back to your credit card. Or, you may request that the full $100 remain on your account to apply to a future BeachSports camp.
Within 7-Days of your camp start date
50% cancellation fee with the remaining credit applied to your BeachSports account.
For example: If you purchase a $100 BeachSports camp, your BeachSports account will be credited $50 for future BeachSports programs. No cash refund is available in this scenario.
Within 48 Hours of your camp start date
No refunds or credits are available for cancellations within 48-hours of the program start date or for programs that are already underway.
For example: If you let us know on Saturday afternoon that your camper will not be attending on Monday, no credit or refund will be available. This is due to the high demand of our programs and the lack of time available for us to fill the vacated space with a new camper, as waitlisted campers will likely have found alternative programming.
COVID Positive or Exposure Cancellation
If a camper tests positive or is exposed to COVID-19 and is unable to attend his camp week, a credit for 100% of the camp fee will be added to the campers account for use at a future BeachSports camp. If the exposure or positive test occurs while camp is in progress, a prorated credit will be applied to the campers account.
Cancellation Processing Fee
Any situation where a refund is processed back to a credit card will incur a 5% processing fee, which is charged to BeachSports by our credit card processing company. Any of the cancellation fees listed above already include this fee. If for some reason you receive a refund that does not incur a fee above, 5% will be retained by BeachSports to cover these processing fees.
Active Registration Fee
We have contracted with Active Registration to manage our online registration and payment processing. Active charges a $3 non-refundable registration fee per camp session which is paid directly to them. Any cancellations or credits to your account will not be refunded this $3 fee.
Schedule changes are subject to availability. Your first schedule change is free of charge. Subsequent changes prior to your camp start date are $20 per change. Again, subject to availability.
We understand many kids want to participate with their friends and we will do our best to accommodate your requests to group them together. Please note, only the parent or guardian of the registered camper may request a schedule change and we are unable to release any information on other campers.
Make-Up Days & Absences
COVID Cancellation & Refund Policy
Camper Code of Conduct Policy
Each BeachSports participant has a responsibility to act in a way that ensures a positive, safe and healthy experience for all. All campers are required to follow these guidelines:
- Participants shall be responsible for their words and actions.
- Participants shall be respectful of others.
- Participant has the responsibility to follow the instructions given by BeachSports staff to maintain a safe and positive experience for all participants.
- Endangering the health and safety of themselves, other participants, and/or staff or volunteers.
- Continual disruption of the program.
- Refusal to follow the behavior guidelines.
- Using profanity or inappropriate language or displaying clothing or other personal items with offensive content.
- Bullying or acts of aggression or violence.
Steps taken for failure to follow these behavior guidelines
- BeachSports Staff will use a positive approach to redirect the camper to a more appropriate behavior and camper will be reminded of the behavior guidelines.
- If the behavior persists, BeachSports Staff will discuss the problem with a parent/guardian and work towards a solution together.
- BeachSports Staff will document all behavioral situations in an Incident Form, which will include what the behavioral issue is, what provoked the situation, participants involved and the corrective action taken. Forms will be shared with Parents/Guardians the day of the incident.
Failure to comply with the Code of Conduct may result in the removal from the program. No refunds will be given for campers who are removed from the program due to violations of the Code of Conduct.