INTRO TO JUNIOR LIFEGUARD CAMP
Ocean safety and awareness education is a necessity for the kids of our beach communities. Starting at Age 8, our Intro to Junior Lifeguards camp is designed to educate and train our participants on the skills necessary to safely and confidently enter our oceans. Unlike other Junior Lifeguard programs, we pride ourselves on providing a relaxed and fun environment with low instructor to participant ratios and smaller class sizes. Although the lifeguard skills are being learned, we remove the competition intensity other programs strive for.
We do not require a swim test for our program. As a general rule, participants should be able to swim 100 yards in the pool in under 2:30 and tread water for 5 minutes or be able to confidently swim past the breaking waves and return to shore. Should our coach determine after the first day that a camper is not ready for the program, you will be able to transfer to one of our other BeachSports programs or receive a prorated refund of your camp purchase.
Activities and Instruction include:
- How to Identify and Escape Rip Tides & Currents
- How to Safely Enter & Exit the Water
- How to Navigate through Breaking Waves
- Ecology Lessons (Human Impact on Ocean Environment)
- Paddling & Ocean Swimming
- Lifeguard Fitness Games & Drills
- Meet the Lifeguards
- Jr. Lifeguard instruction ends at 12PM & Campers enjoy Beach Camp activities
- Boogie Boarding & Body Surfing
- Age Appropriate & Inclusive Beach Games
- Coach to Camper Ratio: 1:6
- All Coaches: CPR & First-Aid Certified, Experienced Watermen/Women, Background Checked
- Location: Camp is setup next to a staffed LA County Lifeguard station. Coaches and Lifeguards communicate daily about ocean conditions and coaches always defer to lifeguards on safety matters.
- Rashguards: All campers receive brightly colored SPF rashguards so they are easily identified by coaches and lifeguards.
- Sunscreen: Sunscreen reapplication breaks are scheduled multiple times throughout the day. Shade tents are provided on the beach for all day campers to escape sun exposure.
If you're ready to register, Click Here!