Surf All Day! Starting at Age 7, our Surf Camp is designed for first time surfers and those looking to take their surfing to the next level. Each Monday, Campers will be assigned to a Coach based on their experience level and will establish their surfing goals for the week. In addition to learning surfing techniques, campers will also be educated on other essential aspects of surfing including, wave formation, tides, rip tides and currents, etiquette, equipment and much more! We provide a variety of different foam surfboards for campers to choose from ranging in size from 5’6″ to 9′ so campers can experience a variety of equipment throughout the week. Intermediate surfers are welcome to bring their own boards. We encourage a 5 day week, but campers are welcome to drop in for single camp days.
Activities and Instruction include:
- Beginner to Advanced Surf Instruction
- Ocean Safety (Rip tides, currents, waves, etc.)
- Surfing Etiquette 101
- Surfing Safety Education
- Ecology Lessons (ex. Our impact on the beaches and oceans)
- Meet the Lifeguards
- Beach Games, Body Surfing & Boogie Boarding optional
- Coach Ratio in Water: 1:4
- Coach Ratio on Beach: 1:4
- All Coaches: CPR & First-Aid Certified and Background Checked
- Location: Camp is setup next to a staffed LA County Lifeguard station. Coaches and Lifeguards communicate daily about ocean conditions and coaches always defer to lifeguards on safety matters.
- Rashguards: All campers receive brightly colored SPF rashguards so they are easily identified by coaches and lifeguards.
- Sunscreen: Sunscreen reapplication breaks are scheduled multiple times throughout the day. Shade tents are provided on the beach for all day campers to escape sun exposure.
If you're ready to register, Click Here!