Starting at Age 4, our Beach Camp is designed to be the perfect introduction to the beach for our younger campers. Our curriculum and activities were designed by local elementary school teachers to be inclusive, educational, safe and FUN! Campers will experience a variety of different beach and water activities, games, and educational lessons throughout the week that are designed specifically for their age group.
Activities and Lessons include:
- Age Appropriate & Inclusive Beach Games
- Ocean Safety Lessons (Rip tides, currents, waves, etc.)
- Boogie Boarding & Body Surfing
- Beginner Surf Instruction (1:1 Coach to Camper ratio)
- Ecology Lessons (ex. Our impact on the beaches and oceans)
- Meet the Lifeguards
- Coach Ratio in Water: 1:3
- Coach Ratio on Beach: 1:6
- All Coaches: CPR & First-Aid Certified and Background Checked
- Location: Camp is set up next to the 14th St. LA County Lifeguard station. Coaches and Lifeguards communicate daily about ocean conditions and coaches always defer to lifeguards on safety matters.
- Rashguards: All campers receive brightly colored SPF rashguards so they are easily identified by coaches and lifeguards.
- Sunscreen: Sunscreen reapplication breaks are scheduled multiple times throughout the day. Shade tents are provided on the beach for all day campers to escape sun exposure.